General Motors's logo.
Fair use rationale for use in the article General Motors Edit
Though this image is subject to copyright, its use is covered by the U.S. fair use laws because:
- It illustrates an educational article about the entity that the logo represents.
- The image is used as the primary means of visual identification of the article topic.
- It is a low resolution image, and thus not suitable for production of counterfeit goods.
- The logo is not used in such a way that a reader would be confused into believing that the article is written or authorized by the owner of the logo.
- It is not replaceable with an uncopyrighted or freely copyrighted image of comparable educational value.